Mountains Restoration Trust (MRT) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization that protects and enhances the natural and cultural resources of the Santa Monica Mountains. Since 1981, MRT has worked closely with private landowners, partnering agencies, and thousands of local volunteers to accomplish that mission.
Position Summary: Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director and the Director of Strategy & Planning, the Stewardship Manager will manage and implement MRT’s stewardship projects and supervise MRT’s field staff to that end.
Work Environment: This position will split time between the office and field work. Applicants should possess the ability to navigate in remote and difficult terrain in a variety of difficult weather conditions and the ability to diligently organize and manage physical and digital files.
· Supervise field crew, their schedules and their work logs
· Mentor and support site captains to provide significant leadership and input on select projects
· Create and monitor project budgets and timelines
· Utilize and update project management database
· Coordinate the growth and maintenance of trail systems through partnerships, grants, donors and volunteers
· Leverage and grow stewardship volunteer base to accomplish project objectives
· Assist in the development of permits, agreements, and other stewardship activities opportunities
· Assist in fundraising through grants, donors and relationship development activities
· Manage and ensure timely submittal of monitoring, project and easement reports
· Design and install irrigation and access infrastructure for projects
· Coordinate with the MRT Nursery Manager and vendors to ensure planting materials are available for project implementation
· Assist in the preparation of property analysis records to determine long-term cost of property stewardship
· Assist in the preparation of baseline documentation and management plans for projects
· Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, biology, geography, or other related field
· Minimum of 3-5 years of similar job experience
· Skills and experience in managing field crews in inclement weather and terrain
· Demonstrated knowledge in land management and stakeholder relations
· Strong ability to identify native and non-native species in the Santa Monica Mountains
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
· Proficient in data/project management systems (i.e. basecamp, salesforce or other project management systems)
· Professional ability in Microsoft Office Suite
· Demonstrated abilities with GIS software
· Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations regarding easements and biological resources
Mountains Restoration Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Compensation will be determined based off experience.
Please submit CV/ resume to email@example.com