Teach Kids About Nature!
Being a docent-naturalist is a deeply rewarding experience. You have the opportunity show kids things they’ve never seen before!
Training: Training is held October 7th through December 3rd on Monday mornings from 9AM to 12pm.
1. We look for our teachers to have great enthusiasm for nature, earth science and experience working with youth
2. Our teaching style is informal, valuing hands-on experiences without a script.
3. A typical program involves hiking with a group of 10-14 students on trails, interpreting the landscape along the way to our funky little nature center where we do specific activities related to each program.
For more information:Please email Nancy Helsley at email@example.com
Cold Creek Docent Fall 2019 Training Classes
- Introduction to UCLA Stunt Ranch & the Docent Program
- Mediterranean Climates & Southern California as a Global Hot Spot
- The World of the Early Chumash & Tongva People
- Ethnobotany: Native Plants as Food & Spiritual Connection the the World of the Native People
- Nature’s Natural Systems or How the World Works
- Psssst: The Little Critters that Run the World
- Soil is Not a Dirty Word!
- Amazing Rocks: How the Santa Monica Mountains Came to Be
- A Practical Look at What Happens in a Watershed
- A Cultural Artifact “Make It” Workshop