Aquatic Biotechnician (Part-time)
Mountains Restoration Trust (MRT) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the protecting the natural and cultural resources of the Santa Monica Mountains. MRT is seeking one (1) qualified applicant to fill the position of aquatic biotechnician. Technicians will not exceed 30 hours per week. Compensation is $16.00/hour with limited sick leave benefits.
Technicians are responsible for:
- Mechanical trapping of aquatic invasive species that may include baiting, deploying, and servicing minnow traps
- Assessing habitat and conducting biological surveys
- Assisting in monthly water quality monitoring
- Ensuring proper gear maintenance
- Data entry, QAQC, and analysis
- Other duties as directed by aquatics project manager
- College degree in biology or environmental science preferred
- At least 1 year of relevant experience
- Must be prepared to work outdoors in challenging terrain and in a variety of environmental conditions
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. or greater for extended periods
- Supply your own transportation to and from work sites in Calabasas and Oak Park
- Experience with Excel preferred
If you meet the above requirements and feel your experience is suited for the position, please send a resume and cover letter to Erik Sode at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Aquatic Biotechnician Position – [your last name]” as the subject line. Applications will be accepted through September 21, 2018.
Thank you for applying!